NRCCFI builds on the 25 year history of Family and Corrections Network (FCN) in providing relevant and effective training and technical assistance to programs serving children and families of the incarcerated. Options include a variety of formats and structures as well as content that is directly informed by the needs and concerns of those impacted by the criminal justice system: the children, caregivers, incarcerated parents and service delivery providers.
NRCCFI Training Objectives
To provide information about:
- The impact of incarceration on children, families and communities
- Family dynamics in families of the incarcerated;
- Typical feelings of children of the incarcerated;
- How to increase awareness and understanding of the impact of race, class and ethnicity on children and families of the incarcerated;
- The importance of self-reflection and insight related to reactions and perspectives on families involved in the criminal justice system; and
- Strategies for responding to the needs of the children, their parents and families.